Thursday, November 19, 2009

My favorite phrase

I prefer to use the term- " I expect Northern Goshawks to find me." Just as I informed the Texas listserve 3 months before my arrival that I expected Northern Goshawks me. Certainly, NG soaring at 150-200 feet elevation, or more, will observe me well before I observe them. Not that the NG have any particular interest in me or any other object that is not prey. Now, if I happen to come upon , or work my way toward a perched NG ( a very rare event) then I prefer to say something like- "I found a (this) Goshawk perched "... so here I go again ... when I return to Tucson in winter 2010-11, I expect NG to find me. I have never been to to Austin yet, yet I expect Goshawks to find me there. It does make sense, for if Goshawks are in Austin now, and I won't be there until March, then I am the one being found! Oh my, that is heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment