Saturday, November 7, 2009

goshawks of Coastal Bend Texas

In winter 2002-03 in Rockport, Texas, I personally contacted Mr. Michael Marsden and Mr. Charlie Clark and their group of followers. The subject- my finding of Goshawks in Rockport in December 2002. Again, at a Christmas Bird Count supper in early January, I personally informed Mr. Marsden and his group of followers- that again , I observed the same mature, polymorphic, female Goshawk in Rockport. Mr. Marsden and Mr. Clark dropped the ball! No matter, I continued on to observe Goshawks (NG) in Rockport, Fulton, Lamar Peninsula, and Aransas N.W.R. For a total of 4 months of sightings of NG on Coastal Bend Texas. So, now it is 2009 and what do we have?- six years of dropping the ball. In all fairness, I have not been to Coastal Bend Texas since 2003. But, I will be in Rockport again for 1 month in February. I will give you strong odds (2-1) that I will be observing NG in Rockport. I was not surprised to find NG on Coastal Bend Texas, since in 1998, I made a brief stay in Texas for the first time in Livingston. Again, I was not surprised to observe a Goshawk to my front, gliding away from me, just over the tops of tall evergreen trees. Hint: If hawking in Rockport stay within the city limits, in areas of Wall Mart, Tiger Field, the golf course, Connie Hager Wetlands. Don't go to the South or West of Rockport. You might try Goose Island State Park or the causeway over the bay. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment