Thursday, January 14, 2010

Goshawks of Houston

My many sightings of Goshawks in Kemah, and my single sightings in other areas- which might be called by goshawks as "nearby", even though they are 5 miles apart- such as the Houston Cruise Line and the Bacliff area, do not suggest that there are 3 female and 1 male in this contiguous area. I have never been able to get into position where I was beneath the hawk in order to observe the tail-tip shape nor the width of the terminal band. With information from these 2 factors, I can form an opinion as to how many NG are in the Kemah area. As it stands now, I know the NG observed in Bacliff was mature female, but this is not enough information relating to the total picture. It is possible that there are 3 different mature female NG!

No comments:

Post a Comment